ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position is responsible for the accurate entry, processing, and payment of accounts payable activity including subsidy payments, client support, and operations expenses.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Perform verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices, receipts, and balances according to finance department checks and balances.
- Perform payables, receivables, and reconciliation functions according to established reporting cycles.
- Generate system reports, audit calculations to provide accuracy in system processes.
- Maintain adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles. Assure maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of ledgers, reports, and performing month-end and year-end audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- One (1) year of Accounting Software experience
- One (1) year of Database experience
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite programs.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time