ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position promotes the safety, well-being and permanency of children that have been identified in ChildNet’s system of care, where termination of parental rights occurred. Plans and coordinates recruitment efforts in effort to target potential adoptive parents for special needs children.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Plan and coordinate community events to raise awareness of adoptable children and increase the community's adoption knowledge and awareness.
- Plan recruitment activities designed to target potential adoptive parents for special needs children.
- Train and educate ChildNet staff to develop child-specific recruitment plans for children who are available for adoption.
- Train interested families in MAPP/CARE training and complete their home studies.
- Provide support to approved adoptive families in identifying potential children they will be matched with.
- Introduce children to the community and ChildNet staff through photo listings, videos, and coordination of media recruitment events.
- Monitor, track and respond to web-based inquiries by adopting parents. Respond to inquiries, concerns, and complaints from families; provide resolution or direct to relevant department/entity.
- Network and distribute information about adoptive children and approved families among Adoption unit throughout the state and community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) of experience in Child Case Management, Foster Home Management or Adoption
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Certified Child Welfare Professional
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time