Clinical Psychologist - Licensed Psy.D.
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position provides direct services to court involved families in the dependency system. In addition, supervises interns who provide children and adolescents with psychological and psychoeducational evaluations, adult and child individual and family therapy, facilitate therapeutically supervised visits, and provide reports/testify for dependency court hearings. The Clinical Psychologist and Intern Program Manager supports the Director of Service Coordination in the expansion and evaluation of the local behavioral health resources that support the child welfare system.
- Provide oversight and review of Psychological Evaluations and other documentation completed by interns.
- Conduct training on engagement and intervention skills. Oversee client clinical file management system.
- Performs as a customer service role model to build positive relationships with Child Advocates, clients, and service providers.
- Collaboratively monitor case progress and provide resources and tools as needed.
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned. Participate in permanency and placement staffing and court hearings as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of issues, trends, and developments relevant to their area of expertise in child welfare practices to ensure compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What Makes this Role Unique?
- The requirement for this position is 30 hours a week, however, it is a "full-time" role with full benefits.
- The person hired in this role will have the flexibility to pursue other endeavors such as private practice or adjunct faculty.
- Play an integral part in the growth of Psy.D. Interns at ChildNet.
- Work in environment with other professionals who are passionate about helping children and families.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* Doctor in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.)
* 10 years of experience working with Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) children and the Child Welfare system.
* Extensive knowledge of local behavioral health community resources, behavioral health residential treatment services, and process to access these services in Broward County.
* Knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) and components of behavioral health treatment planning, implementation, transition, and discharge planning.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time