Community Relations Coordinator-Broward
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position supports the Community Relations Department by soliciting donations, organizing donations and thanking donors for their donations.
Implement a multi-faceted in-kind donation program by:
- Developing alliances with community groups and agencies on ChildNet’s behalf; networks with community agencies, attends community functions, workgroups, and taskforces.
- Creating outreach materials and emails that will be used to solicit donations.
- Identifying and making contact with potential donors from throughout the community.
- Organizing the delivery/pick-up of donations and the sorting of donations once at ChildNet.
- Keeping organized notes on each donor outlining their donations.
- Preparing and sending thank you notes to each donor.
- Working with ChildNet staff members to distribute in-kind donations to clients, as needed.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
ChildNet is committed to the communities it serves and encourages diversity in the workplace through the building of a racially and culturally diverse organization. ChildNet is an equal opportunity employer and as such, does not discriminate against any person or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Skills / Requirements
*Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or a related field.
*Two (2) years of experience in fundraising or business development. Knowledge of the Broward County community is preferred.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing
- Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations with others.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from diverse backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time