Community Relations Coordinator - West Palm Beach
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
ChildNet is looking for a Community Relations Coordinator to join our Community Relations Team. This position promotes on the behalf of ChildNet by keeping the public informed of ChildNet's current goals, policies, and accomplishments. The person in this role will report directly to the Director of Community Relations.
- Develops public and media relations information campaigns concerning ChildNet’s services, values, and needs by:
- Coordinating with local media outlets; creates collateral materials, e.g. brochures, posters and fliers; writes, distributes press releases, plans press conferences and other press events using web copy and software, e.g. Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suites, and Microsoft
- Generating ideas, researches, writes and distributes the monthly newsletter to staff and board members and the quarterly newsletter to stakeholders and appropriate community
- Developing alliances with community groups and agencies on ChildNet’s behalf; networks with community agencies, attends community functions, workgroups, and
- Creates, maintains and distributes general information about ChildNet to the community through printed Press Kits, company Web site, BrowardAdopt.com. and various social media
- Preparing invitations and publications for all ChildNet events, for example, Recruitment Match Events, Foster Parent Appreciation Picnic, Adoption Appreciation Picnic, and Adoption Finalization
- Participating in and provides technical and material support to ChildNet legislative and policy advocacy
- Assisting with the coordination of and provides technical and material support to internal agency-wide communication initiatives and staff
- Preparing grant proposals and application packets.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing
- Oral Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations with
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal
- Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to people from diverse backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- Two years experience in media relations/public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal commination skills.
- Experience working with desktop publishing and graphic design software.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite (preferred).
- Previous experience working with a non-profit or in child welfare (preferred).
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time