Community Relations Coordinator
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the community.
- Plans, develops, implements, and organizes events and volunteers to advance the mission and goals of the company.
- Research grant opportunities that will help fund projects and programs needed for ChildNet.
- Write grant proposals in accordance with grantor standards or requirements.
- Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events that will influence public opinion or promote products, services, or ideas of the company.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships and donations from individual donors, businesses and corporations, as appropriate and in coordination with the Director of Community Relations.
- Drafts various content pieces that promote the ChildNet, as well as individuals or groups within the company.
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; when needed, recruits a knowledgeable spokesperson or information source to assist.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work extremely well as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
- At least two years of work in public relations OR at least two years of work in a field related to the company preferred.
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time