Dependency Case Management Specialist
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position is responsible for reviewing and collecting information on cases being referred to case management by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and ensuring critical information is disseminated to Children’s Home Society. Requiring strong collaboration with ChildNet staff and external stakeholders to ensure outcome measures, service, and quality standards are met and exceeded.
- Reviews the cases being referred to ChildNet for case management services by DCF CPI.
- Review the current case information and the family history for any priors of abuse or neglect.
- Ensure critical case information is received in the case file and follow-up with DCF for any missing items (i.e. Home Studies, impending danger plans, background checks, etc.).
- Request records from any service providers that have previously or currently working with the family. Work with ChildNet’s service coordination department when necessary.
- Ensure any cases with allegations of physical injury being referred for in-home non-judicial case was staffed with DCF CLS.
- Organizing the information collected through a thorough review of the current and prior case in FSFN and provide a written summary within three business days to Children’s Home Society, with priority placed on in-home non-judicial and in-home judicial cases.
- Complete permanency staffing on in-home non-judicial cases as required by protocol. Ensure any identified safety concerns are escalated to Program Officer.
- Additional duties assigned based on business needs.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
ChildNet is committed to the communities it serves and encourages diversity in the workplace through the building of a racially and culturally diverse organization. ChildNet is an equal opportunity employer and as such, does not discriminate against any person or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Skills / Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field.
* Two (2) years of experience in human services or child welfare programs.
* Valid Child Welfare Case Management Certification (CWCM) that can be verified through the Florida Certification Board
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Providing Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others' commitment to their work.
Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
Empowering Others: The ability to convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Decisiveness: The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time