Dependency Case Manager - Palm Beach Location
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position provides comprehensive case management services to children and families involved in the dependency system. The primary responsibility of the Dependency Case Manager is to promotes the safety, permanency and well-being of children and families.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Conduct home visits with children, parents and caregivers to assess for child safety, case permanency and well-being.
- Engage parents, caregivers, and children to achieve permanency goals as identified per case.
- Identify medical, dental, educational, and mental health needs for children under case load. Verify children are referred to all relevant services.
- Prepare detailed reports for Judges during court proceedings. Prepare for and testify in court hearings for children and families under case load.
- Ensure court orders are followed in all cases.
- Maintain both electronically and written up-to-date case files.
- Update case notes into the system of record on all contacts, meeting notes, and completed visitations.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients and stakeholders. Respond to client concerns in a timely and thorough manner to resolve outstanding issues.
- Gather information about the child(ren) and family to support case planning and begin assessment process and decision making by the court and ChildNet's System of Care.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Services or Child Welfare programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Obtain Child Welfare Certification within 1 year and maintain on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time