Dependency Case Manager Supervisor
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position supervises the day-to day operations of the case management functions of ChildNet providing guidance and support to Dependency Case Managers.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Hires, trains, and motivates Dependency Case Managers under their supervision in accomplishing work objectives as assigned.
- Provides guidance, review, and assistance in the completion of court reports done by Dependency Case Managers.
- Supports Dependency Case Manager's in the identification and removal of administrative obstacles to child placement permanency towards moving all such cases forward.
- Ensures that work objectives assigned to team members are in alignment with the organization’s values and mission.
- Ensures that all record-keeping and documentation efforts, as well as child advocate court report preparation and relevant statistics is maintained in accordance with laws and organization practices.
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned. This may include permanency conferences, advocate continuing education programs, and court hearings.
- Provides timely notification of staff assignments, meetings, and court hearings to Dependency Case Managers.
- Acts as the primary liaison and contact with the Department of Children and families and other agencies as related to the internal Dependency Case Management team, which they supervise daily.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) of experience in Human Services or Child Welfare programs
- Previous experience as a Case Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Child Welfare Professional Certification
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 103