Dependency Case Manager Trainee - Palm Beach Location
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position promotes the safety, permanency and well-being of children and their families involved in the dependency system.
Responsibilities: Supports the success of children and their families in achieving permanency from the dependency system while ensuring safety and well-being through the following efforts:
- Ensuring that children involved in the child welfare system are safe in their placements. This will be assessed through completion of home visits to observe the child, the child's caregiver and the child's environment. This will also include completion of formal assessments of caregiver's protective capacities and children's needs.
- Engaging parents, caregivers and children to work to achieve the identified permanency goal on a case.
- Working to identify children's needs for medical and dental care, educational needs and mental health needs. Ensuring children are referred for all needed services.
- Preparing reports to the court that provide details for the Judge to be able to make determinations for the children. Preparing and testifying in court hearings regarding children and their families on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the physical case file and electronic case file are kept current and up-to-date.
- Entering notes into the system of record to provide information on all contacts made, meetings participated in and visitations completed.
- Ensuring that all client relations concerns are responded to in a timely and thorough manner.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Working to obtain required Florida Certification Board (FCB) Child Welfare Case Manager (CWCM) Certification within the required time frames.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
ChildNet is committed to the communities it serves and encourages diversity in the workplace through the building of a racially and culturally diverse organization. ChildNet is an equal opportunity employer and as such, does not discriminate against any person or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Skills / Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field.
* One (1) Year of experience in human services or child welfare programs.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
* Valid Florida Driver's License
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Stress Management: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
- Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time