Dependency Case Manager Trainee Palm Beach
ChildNet in Palm Beach County is currently looking to hire several candidates to become part of our case management program team. This program will require the qualified candidate to attend a virtual 6–8 week training course, pass an exam and take on a case load prior to becoming fully certified with their Child Welfare Case Management (CWCM).
- Safe placement of children in the welfare system to include, home visits, assessments of caregivers and environment
- Creating and working with caregivers & children for permanency
- Evaluating and accessing needs for medical, dental, educational, and mental health and referrals for services when needed
- Preparing detailed reports on the case to provide to the Judge, testifying on behalf of the children and their caregivers
- Daily preparation of case files both electronically and physical to maintain up to date records
- Documentation of all contacts made, meetings participated in and visitations completed
- Ensuring all client relations concerns are responded to in a timely and through manner
- Developing professional relationships with clients and stakeholders
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or a related field
- One (1) year of experience in human services or child welfare program
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse client population
- Willingness to work a varied schedule
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Must complete and pass the CWCM class/exam
ChildNet is committed to the communities it serves and encourages diversity in the workplace through the building of a racially and culturally diverse organization. ChildNet is an equal opportunity employer and as such, does not discriminate against any person or candidate because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Status: Full Time