Family Engagement Specialist
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position serves as a liaison between Child Protective Investigators and service providers to meet the needs of families and to provide support to families who may have their cases reopened in the court system.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation in FSFN system for each family referred to service providers.
- Process contingency fund requests and submittals.
- Monitor family progress, safety and stability of children placements and staff concerns with Manager of Family Engagement Specialists and Protective Investigator.
- Provide case management services on cases being considered for being reopened and oversight of assigned cases due to reopening at Legal Sufficiency Staffing's.
- Review cases for parent compliance in response to re-opened motions per Florida Statute. Provide referrals to parents for case plan tasks.
- Facilitate Family Team Meetings for new cases being opened to ongoing services at ChildNet.
- Provide service referrals to caregivers to meet the placement needs of children.
- Conduct home study and home visits to determine the necessity of the Motion to Reopen.
- Prepare and submit court reports with recommendations in response to motions filed by children.
- Perform as on-call for the Decision Support team and make referrals as needed from the decision support team staffing's.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Services or Child Welfare Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Certified Child Welfare Professional
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time