Family Preservation Specialist
ChildNet in Palm Beach County has an opening for a Family Preservation Specialist. This position assists Child Protective Investigators through identifying families needs and making recommendations for appropriate services and service providers. this could include however, is not limited to therapy, targeted case management, psychiatric services, substance misuse services etc.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Collaborates with Child Protective Investigators and Service Providers to ensure families receive recommended services.
- Maintain documentation in the Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN) system for each family referred to service providers.
- Assess, prepare and submit contingency fund requests on behalf of clients.
- Participate in case consultations with investigators to assist with the identification of available resources.
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of issues, trends, and developments relevant to their area of expertise in child welfare practices to ensure compliance.
- Facilitates staffing’s and safety support team calls as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Services or Child Welfare programs
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health or related field
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite programs.
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time