Family Support Worker- Part Time (Palm Beach)
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Job Summary: This position transports child (ren) to service providers, medical and dental appointments, school, family visits, placements, and other support services.
Responsibilities: Provides direct support to the Intake/Placement staff for all new intakes by:
- Transporting newly sheltered children to their 72 hour EPSDT screening.
- Providing transportation to newly removed children to allow continuity of attendance at the child’s home school until such time that transportation can be arranged through Palm Beach County School Board.
- Assisting will emergency transportation as needed.
Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails or phone calls.
- Contacting staff as needed to maintain client files and provide needed information.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of persons and families serviced
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* Must possess a valid and clean Florida drivers license without any restrictions and/or citations within the last 5 years.
* Must have own reliable transportation and the ability to show proof of vehicle insurance.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Associates preferred
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and on call in order to meet the needs of the children and families.
* Must have at least one (1) years or more work experience in social services field.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Written Communication: The ability to express one’s self clearly in business writing.
Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people: respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Part Time