Family Support Worker
This position transports children to service providers, medical and dental appointments, school, family visits, placements, and other support services.
Provides direct support to the Intake/Placement staff for all new intakes by:
- Transporting newly sheltered children to their 72 hour EPSDT
- Providing transportation to newly removed children to allow continuity of attendance at the child’s home school until such time that transportation can be arranged through Palm Beach County School
- Assisting will emergency transportation as Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails or phone
- Contacting staff as needed to maintain client files and provide needed
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of persons and families serviced
- Written Communication: The ability to express one’s self clearly in business writing.
- Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people: respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time