ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida. There are current needs for individuals interested in working with the families and children to become Certified Case Managers. ChildNet provides on-site training for qualified individuals to prepare them to obtain their Florida certification as a Child Welfare Case Manager. Becoming a Child Welfare Case Manager is an opportunity for select individuals to help vulnerable children through family reunification, adoption, or independent living. Case Managers work with parents, children, foster parents, group homes, the Broward Sheriff's Office, the County's Juvenile Justice System, and many support services to meet the goals of ChildNet and the Department of Children and Families.
This position provides support to the Records Management Unit to ensure ChildNet’s records are correctly sequenced and filed. The File Clerk gathers documentation from internal departments and organizes materials chronologically, numerically, alphabetically, and by subject.
- Prepares hard-copy documents, photos, etc. for electronic scanning process.
- Processes hard-copy documents through high-speed scanners by paying attention to detail and ensuring image quality is sufficient.
- Upload scanned images into electronic files and directories using data entry and software systems.
- Verify work for accuracy
- Ensures that work objectives are in alignment with the Record Management Unit’s quality assurance standards and guidelines.
- Communicate with departments and staff when requested documents are released for use.
- Attend and participate in meetings as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or relevant training
- 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant or relevant experience Preferred Education and Experience
- Works in a clean, air-conditioned office space, free of noise, dust, and humidity.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. This position is very active, and the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl all day. Occasional lifting of light items required. No specific vision requirements.
- Objects weighing 70 pounds or more must be accompanied by a second individual to avoid injury.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note that this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time