Helpdesk Support I
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position provides both remote and in-field support, implementation, and configuration of servers, workstations, switches, and storage systems. Collaborates with MIS helpdesk and Senior Administrators to advise on reported issues, close-out trouble tickets, and consult on long-term technology strategies.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Responsible for providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to ChildNet staff.
- Maintains up to date with emerging technologies. Applies understanding of software and technology to troubleshoot user problems. Follow-up post resolution / training to ensure user satisfaction.
- Installs and maintains workstations, cabling, peripherals and other network and communications hardware.
- Update documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites and changes to computer configurations.
- Upgrade systems and install software applications. Review technical manuals to determine specification requirements for installation and maintenance.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of computers and peripheral equipment.
- Set up passwords, file, and program access for ChildNet users. Troubleshoot password problems on a case-by-case basis.
- Collaborates with ITO and team on the development and continuous maintenance and expansion of Information Technology Systems.
- Assist with research, assessment and implementation of new technology and upgrades to ChildNet system.
- Participate in the diagnosis and resolution of hardware and production problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Experience with commercial software packages i.e Microsoft Office, Windows, and Adobe
- Experience in a non-profit or public agency preferred.
- At Least 1 year experience as helpdesk support.
- High School Diploma
- Associate degree in Computer or Information Systems preferred
- A+ Certification required (or 1 year helpdesk experience)
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite programs.
- Ability to identify and solve computer problems and act independently with a wide variety of employees and vendors
- Ability to understand and resolve technical problems independently
Job Status: Full Time