HRIS & Benefits Coordinator
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources functions. Responsible for employee data, benefits and record compliance, administrative and project-oriented duties. Supports the Human Resources Department with activities including the update of HRIS (UltiPro System), recruitment, new employee onboarding, employment records, filing, clerical, and additional duties as assigned.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Preparing and sending correspondences, scheduling calendars, and coordinating meetings
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of supplies for Human Resources Department
- Overseeing mail handling and distribution.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures
- Maintaining employee personnel files/ records in compliance with contractual, regulatory, accreditation, legal & ChildNet policy/ procedures requirements
- Maintaining and managing sensitive and confidential information
- Coordinating and administering the employee database, and various forms processing requirements relating to human resources administration, e.g., New Hires, benefits, promotions, transfers, title changes, terminations, name/ address changes
- Maintaining and updating employee database records regarding personnel notifications, g., payroll changes, job reclassifications, salary adjustments, change in HRIS (knowledge and experience with UltiPro preferred)
- Verifying and maintaining compliance of the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) documentation; updates and re-verifies form
- Maintaining accurate records and logs regarding tasks and projects, i.e., social security verifications, annual Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) records checks, five (5) year background screens, annual local background checks and out of state background screenings
- Recognizing, respecting, and responding to the unique, culturally- defined needs of others served
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) years or more experience in HR administration or equivalent
- Experience working in UltiPro HRIS system (preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree preferred
- Responding timely to communications either from emails or phone
- Contacting staff as needed to maintain employee files and provide needed
- Acting as initial source of contact for employee concerns; provides service and support to employees at all levels in the resolution of personnel related issues or conflicts regarding routine general inquiries for the functional areas under charge. e.g., Personnel notifications, PTO/MIA policies, verification of employment, Identification (ID) cards, direct deposit, pay stub, child support, garnishments, and business
Job Status: Full Time