Human Resources- File Clerk (Temporary Assignment)
This position coordinates and maintains documentation in active, termination and benefits employee files in accordance with state guidelines to ensure proper access, inspection and disposition of public records; reviews new hire files and verifies all required information in the file and enters information into the database system as needed
Supports ChildNet and the Talent Management Team by:
- Maintains accurate records/logs regarding tasks and projects as well as updates employees’ database records for diplomas and degrees, job descriptions, performance appraisals, vehicle insurance, work orders, certifications and trainings. Provides reports and statistical data as needed by
- Processing various correspondence and forms that may be of a confidential or sensitive nature, e.g., personnel form, vendor invoices, work orders, purchase orders, requisitions, applications, etc.
- Responds to department and public requests in retrieving files.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the accessing, reference, retrieval and disposal of personnel files that must be maintained for future reference.
Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails and/or phone calls.
- Contacting staff as needed to maintain client files and provide needed information.
- Provides service and support to employees at all levels in the resolution of personnel related issues or conflicts regarding routine general inquiries for the functional areas under charge. e.g., personnel notifications, PTO/MIA policies, verification of employment, Identification (ID) cards, direct deposit, pay stub, child support, garnishments, business cards.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma; or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources administration; or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.(preferred)
- Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to well to people from varied backgrounds, understand diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Confidentiality: The ability to hold all confidential information in trust and strict confidence and agree that it shall be used only for the purposes required to fulfill employment obligations, and shall not be used for any other purpose, or disclosed to any third party. To maintain the absolute confidentiality of personal, confidential and proprietary information in recognition of the privacy and proprietary rights of others at all times, and in both professional and social situations.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Contract/Temporary