Intake and Placement Assistant - Nightshift
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position provides direct support to the Intake/Placement staff for all new intakes. The Intake and Placement Assistant is responsible for the transportation of children to service providers, medical and dental appointments, school, family visits, placements, and other support services.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Transport newly sheltered children to their 72-hour EPSDT screening.
- Provide transportation to newly removed children to allow for continuity of attendance at the child's school until such time that transportation can be arranged.
- Assist with emergency transportation.
- Respond to incoming e-mails and phone calls
- Contact staff to maintain client files and provide needed information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- One (1) year of experience in Social Services required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time