Intake and Placement Specialist Part-Time
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
This position provides intake and placement services to identify licensed care placement options for children in licensed care.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Utilize available resources to achieve the best possible outcome in the shortest possible time during the intake and placement process, meeting established federal and state mandates, Florida Statutes, and ChildNet's policies and procedures.
- Speak with Child Protective Investigators, parents, school board representative, and ChildNet contracted provider to coordinate the child(ren)'s entrance into ChildNet's System of Care.
- Assists in gathering case information about children and family through the assessment and case planning process to support the decision making by the court and ChildNet's System of Care.
- Conduct a preliminary assessment of the child(ren) to determine or assess if a Child Placement Agreement
- Contact provider agencies to provide services to children in care to provide for recommendation on placement and services to the Supervisor of Intake and Placement or Director of Intake and Placement.
- Prepare notes and enter notes in Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN) for department staff based on shift events and distribute daily.
- Coordinate with school board representative to determine the child(ren)'s school status to avoid disruption in school attendance and comply with the Broward School Board Interagency Agreement.
- Gather case information to provide to the Revenue Maximization Department and Medical Unit. Assigns the cases to service centers based on geographical location and placement of the child(ren). Conduct follow-up with Child Protective Investigator to obtain missing information and forward to service centers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in Human Services or Child Welfare programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Certified Child Welfare Professional
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time