Kinship Licensing Specialist
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position promotes the safe and appropriate placement of children in relative and non-relative placements through completion of Level One Licensing Home Studies.
- Conduct level one licensing home studies on all interested relative and non-relative placements.
- Complete yearly re-licensing home studies for all level one licensed relative and non-relative homes.
- Conduct any required trainings to facilitate level one licensure or re-licensure.
- Submit initial and re-licensure home studies timely, completely and accurately to the ChildNet licensing department.
- Providing support to level one relative and non-relative placements by:
- Actively collaborating with the Kinship Support Specialists regarding any issues that might require attention.
- Ensuring level one licensed relatives and non-relatives have ample notice of items needed for initial licensure and re-licensure.
- Assisting relatives and non-relatives in identifying and screening, as applicable, natural supports who can assist in the caretaking duties and ensuring they are properly screened and are included on the level one licensure home study.
- Document all case related activities in FSFN within 48 hours of the activity.
- Participate as needed in statewide discussions around level one licensure, including participating in workgroups and providing feedback regarding ways to improve the process.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Skills / Requirements
* Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in social services or a related field.
* Must have a current and active Florida Department of Children and Families Child Welfare Case Manager (CWCM) Certification.
* Must have Two (2) years of experience in case management experience preferred.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends in order to meet with children and families.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Stress Management: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time