ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida. There are current needs for individuals interested in working with the families and children to become Certified Case Managers. ChildNet provides on-site training for qualified individuals to prepare them to obtain their Florida certification as a Child Welfare Case Manager. Becoming a Child Welfare Case Manager is an opportunity for select individuals to help vulnerable children through family reunification, adoption, or independent living. Case Managers work with parents, children, foster parents, group homes, the Broward Sheriff's Office, the County's Juvenile Justice System, and many support services to meet the goals of ChildNet and the Department of Children and Families.
This positioned responsible for the day-to-day process, procedures and controls for biweekly payroll while ensuring all deadlines are met and internal guidelines are followed.
This position supports the Finance Manager and is responsible for processing biweekly payrolls. This includes: validating new hire information, entering and maintaining timesheet data, generating customized payroll reports, processing special payments, and bonuses. The goal of this position is to ensure that all payroll functions are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established policies, and procedures.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees in accordance with government regulations.
- Process off-cycle payment requests as needed.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of processing garnishments.
- Develop, review and run audit reports before and after payroll processing
- Create and run ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Assists in the quarter end and year end process and the preparation and distribution of W2’s at year-end.
- Maintaining, updating and/or reconciling various logs, reports, ledgers, files, databases, and spreadsheets; performs year-end auditing and close out tasks.
- Monitor and communicate new laws impacting pay and establish procedures and controls to ensure compliance with company policies and federal, state and local laws.
- Act as point of contact for general payroll related inquiries.
- Other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails or phone calls.
- Handling records requests with no more than a one-day turnaround.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* High School Diploma (Bachelors Preferred)
* Two to Three years or more of experience working with different databases and accounting software.
* UltiPro experience preferred.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).