Permanency Round Table (PRT) Specialist
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida. Child Advocates work with parents, children, foster parents, group homes, the Broward Sheriff's Office, the County's Juvenile Justice System, and many support services to meet the goals of ChildNet and the Department of Children and Families.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Job Summary: This position completes Permanency Round Table/Safety Round Table (PRT/SRT) as required by ChildNet's agreement with Casey Family Programs (CFP). The position is also responsible for monthly follow ups as well as reporting to CFP on the active PRT?RST cases
- Facilitate PRT/SRT for cases in Palm Beach as required by the agreement with Casey Family Programs (CFP).
- Complete monthly follow ups on the PRT/SRT cases staffed.
- Complete bi-monthly progress reports to CFP that detail project activities, performance measure updates, systemic barriers and lessons learned.
Assists the DCM with the completion of the follow up tasks on the PRT/SRT Action Plan:
- Complete monthly face to face visits on youth.
- Meet with youth as needed to discuss the PRT plan and how they can assist in moving the case forward in regards to permanency and/or connections.
- Engaging any person(s) or connection(s) the youth has identified to work on a possible permanency option or connections for the youth and facilitate meetings if necessary.
- Attending and assist with preparing for the PRT staffings by completing the PRT youth letters with all youth being staffed, pre-staff cases with the DCM and obtaining information on case to be presented.
- Attending the State PRT Quarterly Meetings with the other site leads.
- Attending any relevant staffings/meetings for the youth such as Independent Living Education and Transition and Permanency staffings.
- Ensuring all information is documented in SACWIS within 48 hours.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
Skills / Requirements
* A Bachlors Degree in social work or related area of study from an accredited college or university required.
* Must have a current Florida Department of Children and Families Child Welfare Certification.
* Two (2) or more years work experience in human services or child welfare programs preferred.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
* Must possess a valid and clean Florida drivers license without any restrictions and/or citations that would affect job performance.
* Must have own reliable transportation and the ability to obtain and show proof of insurance.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends in order to meet with children and families.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Stress Management: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time