ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position coordinates and facilitates all staffing related to dependency proceeding, including, but not limited to family team meetings, permanency staffing and other critical juncture staffing, with the goal of improving communication with all stakeholders and parties and expediting permanency for children in the dependency system.
- Guides process towards permanency to include case plan recommendations and follow-up by:
- Implementation of Family Team Conferencing in the specialty court programs.
- Ensuring communication between all involved providers, case management and the family in preparation for judicial hearings.
- Working collaboratively with case management staff, Operations and Clinical Services staff to ensure case needs are addressed and met.
- Collect and analyze data on the permanency as it relates to the specialty court initiatives.
- Documenting all case related activities in the Florida Safe Families Network.
- Ensuring appropriate services have been identified and provided for all case participants.
- Identifying barriers to timely permanency, performance need or practice trends.
- Participate in required trainings and meetings to support the specialty court initiatives.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served
- The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Skills / Requirements
* Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in social services or a related field.
* Must have a current and active Florida Department of Children and Families Child Welfare Case Manager (CWCM) Certification.
* Must have Two (2) years of experience in case management experience preferred.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends in order to meet with children and families.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people; respects and relates well to well to people from varied backgrounds, understand diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time