ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida
Job Summary: This position coordinates out-of-state foster placements with relevant departments. reviews, processes and assigns the contents of the incoming and outgoing Interstate Compact for Placement of Children (ICPC), Out-of-county services (OCS) inquiries which may include requests for Case Supervision (CS) and Transfer of Jurisdiction (TOJ), child care referrals and Contingency Funds Requests (CFR).
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Request diligent search information from federal, state, local, out-of-state and international agencies using "letters of inquiry" to locate missing individuals.
- Assign request for case plan assistance, courtesy supervision, and home study to designated representative.
- Act as liaison between supervisors, staff, and community agencies to gather documents and communicate case information.
- Review verification requests from employees for accuracy and completeness. Assign ICPC requests that require a home study or courtesy supervisor to a designated representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in Child Welfare
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time