Safety Practice Specialist
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
Job Summary: This position assists Child Protective Investigators in identifying the appropriate service providers to meet the needs of the family to re-mediate low, moderate, or high risk situations.
Responsibilities: Act as a liaison between the Child Protective Investigator and the Service Provider to ensure families are engaged in these services by:
- Maintaining documentation in the FSFN system current for each family referred to the service provider.
- Assessing, preparing and submitting contingency fund request which ensures the child’s safety.
- Ensuring FSFN reflects actual services being rendered to the family.
- Monitoring the progress of the family, safety and stability of the placement of the child(ren) and staff concerns with the Supervisor and Protective Investigator.
- Providing case management services and oversight of cases recommended reopening at Legal Sufficiency Staffing’s, until the case is re-opened in Court.
- Reviewing cases for parents’ case plan compliance per Florida Statute in response to re-open motions.
- Providing referrals to parents for any case plan tasks, if any outstanding or not completed.
- Providing referrals to caregivers if services needed for the child’s well-being and/or to maintain the placement.
- Conducting home study/home visits to determine the appropriateness of the Motion to Reopen and to ensure safety and well-being of the child(ren)
- Interviewing participants to help determine appropriate recommendations.
- Preparing and submitting court reports with recommendations in response to motions filed by participant.
- Participate in the Decision Support Team calls with BSO
- Be on call for Decision Support team and oversight of the Safety Management Services
- Deploy Safety Management Services
- Facilitate Family Team Meetings
- Review new cases coming in for appropriate documents (FFA, Safety Plan)
- Additional duties could be assigned based on business needs
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* Bachelor's degree or higher education in social work or a related area from an accredited college and/or university.
* Must have an active and current Florida Department of Children and Families "Child Welfare Case Manager" (CWCM) Certification.
* Two (2) years or more work experiences in human services or child welfare programs.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.Customer.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time