ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
Job Summary: This position performs infrastructure engineering tasks pertaining to secure LAN/data center system design, development, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting activities. The qualified individual should possess knowledge and experience with network technologies, services, operations, and security. We are seeking an individual who feeds off the challenge of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each day, and is not afraid to provide superb customer service to our staff, is a passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback and values the chance to make an important impact in child welfare.
- Ensure proper functioning of the organization's network infrastructure.
- Work closely with Help Desk staff and InfoSec staff as an escalation point in a Windows environment.
- Provide level 1-3 support for entire infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Must be innovative and possess the initiative to detect and resolve issues before they become critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan, develop, document and coordinate infrastructure projects.
- Project management skills and experience managing resources to meet goals on simultaneous projects.
- Mentor junior staff members as appropriate.
- Maintain change control and configuration management documentation.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and weekend coverage.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server 2012/16, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft SQL 2012+, Office 365, WSUS, Intune, Windows Failover Clustering, etc.
- Perform backups and restores as needed.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V. • Support WAN and LAN connectivity which includes switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions where applicable.
- Support disaster recovery solutions and support offsite disaster recovery center infrastructure
- Support remote access technologies that includes VPN, Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through ManageEngine and Jira ServiceDesk
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Updating and patching equipment. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a monthly/quarterly basis for Windows servers.
- Communication with staff as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Security monitoring, detection, prevention, and remediation.
- Security incident tracking, reporting, escalation, and response.
- Auditing and tracking compliance.
- Vulnerability assessment, tracking & remediation.
- Process improvement & automation.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Years of Experience:
Five to seven (5 -7) years of progressive, professional experience providing system administration support for network activities
- Must have Office 365 experience, OneDrive, exchange, MFA, SharePoint documents
- Strong grasp of networks (LAN/WAN/SAN/WIFI/MPLS), Windows environments, wiring and cabling, and network management and maintenance
- Experience with Microsoft Server Active Directory, Group Policy, and Domain Services.
- Install, configure and support security related hardware/software appliances and solutions including Firewalls, IPSEC VPNs, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Virus, Mobile Security and DLP solutions
- Knowledge of Office 365 Security & Compliance Features and Authentication protocols is very desirable
- Strong knowledge of network concepts and protocols: TCP/IP, BGP, NAT, VoIP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc
- Knowledge of security threat landscape and attack vectors
- Network Architect
- Migration to OneDrive/SharePoint
- Cisco HyperFlex
- VMware vSphere
- Cisco core switching
- Certifications such as CCNA,Security+, MCSA or MCSE are a major plus.
Years of Experience: Five to seven (5 -7) years of progressive, professional experience providing system administration support for network activities
Pay: from $70,000/hour
Job Status: Full Time