Unit Staff Assistant- Rev Max
Company Summary: ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position provides support to the Revenue Maximization Departments. .
This job description is not all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
- Assist Child Advocates with Applying for social security disability benefits and batching these applications as well applications for social security cards to the SSA biweekly or as needed.
- Complete meeting minutes for unit and all staff
- Perform computer related tasks, requiring a broad working knowledge of a variety of computer applications such word and excel.
- Functioning as a receptionist. Routing and transferring incoming calls and answering general questions in regard to Medicaid.
- Receiving Birth Certificates, EPDSDT forms, Medical appointment letters from the Department of Health, Medicaid and Social Security cards. Sorting them and making copies to be distributed to the Revenue Maximization Coordinators. The Unit mail will be retrieved daily and the same process of sorting and distributing will follow. Maintaining current licenses for the unit. And the GAP program. Assist the Revenue Maximization Coordinators with entering information in the CCWIS system, e.g., update social security numbers, correct birth date information as well as lawful non-citizen card and entry date information.
- Assists with and responds to inquiries regarding unit functions; provides resolution or directs to appropriate resources.
- Screens incoming calls, conducts follow up phone calls and emails.
- Performs routine to moderately complex clerical tasks requiring use of standard automated office systems, e.g., computers, telephones, facsimile machines, photocopiers, calculators, adding machines, and filing.
- Maintaining and updating the close records logs ensuring that closed files are sent to the warehouse in a timely manner and retrieves files upon request.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies within the Departments’ budget and going green as often as possible.
- Ensuring that the file room is neat and organized as per Lean Six Sigma and COA standards.
- Recognize, respect and respond to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job.This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* Requires an Associates Degree or higher in the human services and/or social work field and/or related filed.
* Two (2) or more years of experience in human services and/or social work field.
* Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications.
* Possess excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication.
* Possession of a valid Florida driver-s license without any restrictions/citations that would affect job performance and reliable transportation.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client community.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Stress Management: The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Persuasive Communication: The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time