ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida. There are current needs for individuals interested in working with the families and children to become Certified Case Managers. ChildNet provides on-site training for qualified individuals to prepare them to obtain their Florida certification as a Child Welfare Case Manager. Becoming a Child Welfare Case Manager is an opportunity for select individuals to help vulnerable children through family reunification, adoption, or independent living. Case Managers work with parents, children, foster parents, group homes, the Broward Sheriff's Office, the County's Juvenile Justice System, and many support services to meet the goals of ChildNet and the Department of Children and Families.
This position maintains and reconciles various department financial, accounting, and statistical records and reports; performs posting, entry, maintenance and reconciliation tasks relevant to assigned functional area.
Processes various billings and payments relevant to accounts payable and/or receivable functions, e.g., invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash receipts, customer billings, vendor payments, stop payments by:
- Performing verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/receipts/balances according to unit checks and balances procedures.
- Preparing routine, year-end, and special financial, accounting, and statistical reports regarding assigned functional area.
- Maintaining accounting records for ChildNet’s capital outlay in accordance with ChildNet’s policies and procedures and the states records management requirements, e.g. fixed assets, tangible and personal property.
- Maintaining adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Generating various system reports; audits calculations to ensure accuracy in system processes, e.g., customer billing, payroll processing, insurance processing and billings.
- Performing payables, receivables, and reconciliation functions according to established billing, payment, and reporting cycles.
- Maintaining, updating and/or reconciling various logs, reports, ledgers, files, databases, and spreadsheets; performs year-end auditing and close out tasks.
- Processing monthly mileage reports.
- Working on special assignments for Controller and Finance Manager as needed.
Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails or phone calls.
- Handling records requests with no more than a one-day turnaround.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* High School Diploma (Associates Preferred)
* One (1) or more year of experience working with different databases and accounting software.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
This Position is funded through the CBCIH grant therefore, is a one year assignment only extendable if the grant is approved.
Job Status: Full Time