ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supervising and directing the accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and financial database management.
- Supervises accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable staff
- Oversees the accounts payable and payroll daily transactions ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Performs random audits of workflow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Substantiates and justified expenditures and expense reports
- Assists Controller as needed and performs other related duties as assigned
- Reviews monthly closing process, prepares monthly journal entries and financial statements as needed
- Supervises or prepares general ledger reconciliations
- Trains staff on and assures internal control compliance
- Works on special projects including but not limited to:
-Participates in yearly audit and tax preparation.
- Recognizes, respects and responds to the unique, culturally defined needs of others served
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field in addition to 3+ years of relevant experience. Must have knowledge of GAAP, accrual base accounting, organizational auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements. Must stay abreast of current industry events. Must have strong supervisory and analytical skills as well as knowledge of different software systems and have strong computer usage experience.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time