ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This position promotes the safety, well-being and permanency of child(ren) in out-of-home placement from the time of removal until the case is closed for those children meeting the statutory requirement for Children with Extraordinary Needs. The CEN Specialist interfaces with key partners including the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Department of Children and Families Human Trafficking Coordinator, State Attorney Office, Public Defender Office, FBI Specialized Forces, Law Enforcement Entities, and other specialized committees within the community.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
- Manage the case of a dependent child to coordinate necessary services detailed in case plan.
- Provide intensive case management oversight. Complete weekly visits or weekly phone contact. Attend DJJ court proceedings, behavioral health and multi-disciplinary staffing's and school staffing's.
- Utilize available resources to achieve the best possible outcome in the shortest possible time during the intake and placement process, meeting established federal and state mandates, Florida Statutes, and ChildNet's policies and procedures.
- Meet with Broward Sherriff's Office (BSO) Protective Investigator, parents, school board representatives and contracted providers (shelters, foster home providers and residential group care providers) to coordinate the child(ren) entrance into ChildNet's System of Care.
- Gather information about the child(ren) and family to support case planning and begin assessment process and decision making by the court and ChildNet's System of Care. Arranges for child(ren) to complete required processing steps and forms.
- Conduct a preliminary assessment of the child(ren) to determine or assess if an alert is warranted.
- Coordinate with school board representative to determine the child's school status in order to provide consistency in school attendance and compliance with the Broward School Interagency Agreement.
- Assemble, organize, and provide information to the Revenue Maximization Department and Medical Unit. Assign cases to the service centers based on geographical location and placement of the child(ren). Conducts the follow-up with Child Protective Investigator (CPI) to obtain missing information and forward to the service center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Years of Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience in Case Management preferred
- One (1) year of experience in Department of Juvenile Justice, Behavioral Health as equivalent to Case Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Certified Child Welfare Professional
- Ability to make complex decisions and balance the needs of stakeholders involved
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Ability to manage execution and direct the work of others towards task completion
- Ability to provide high customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
Job Status: Full Time