ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Job Summary: This position creates new records, enters data into and updates the electronic information systems, i.e. results of shelter hearings, assessment information, placement decisions.
Responsibilities: Performs routine keyboard tasks when such are applicable to functional area of assignment, e.g., data entry, updating cases and records by:
- Reviewing discrepancies in data received; requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with ChildNet’s policies and procedures.
- Receiving, responding, clarifying and providing resolution to inquiries and concerns from internal staff and providers.
- Contacting MIS Support Specialsit for assistance as needed.
- Providing direction or assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Two (2) years of experience performing data entry and working with databases.
*One (1) year of experience working in child welfare preferred.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends in order to meet with children and families.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
This Position is funded through the CBCIH grant therefore, is a one year assignment only extendable if the grant is approved.
Job Status: Full Time