Financial Information Systems/Accounting Coordinator
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
Job Summary: This position processes bills and payments for accounts payable and accounts receivable, i.e., school clothing vouchers, contingency or foster parent payment check requests or funds, petty cash receipts, stop payments, payments for contracts for assigned functional area. In addition, this position maintains and reconciles various department financial, accounting, and statistical records and reports; performs posting, entry, maintenance and reconciliation tasks relevant to assigned functional area.
Responsibilities: Maintains and reconciles various department financial, accounting, and statistical records and reports; performs posting, entry, maintenance and reconciliation tasks for relevant to assigned functional area by:
- Performs verification and reconciliations tasks for invoices, receipts, balances according to department checks and balances procedures.
- Prepares routine, year-end, and special financial and accounting reports regarding assigned function.
- Maintains adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Receives and processes applications, subsidies, and reimbursements, i.e., independent living, adoption, subsidy applications, re-determination of adoption, medical bills, adoption reimbursements, address changes for Independent Living.
- Generates various system reports; audits calculations to ensure accuracy in system processes.
- Instructs clients regarding various functions, i.e., issuing credits and sending approval letters to adoptive parents for adoption subsidy and foster parents for room & board subsidy.
- Completes adoption agreement or review forms, disposition sheets, Eligibility Review and Communication Form (ERCF) for the appropriate agencies, to include the recording and posting of all monies received.
- Opens, batches, and processes all payments received in department; submits payments and corresponding reports to appropriate accounting staff for review.
Processes various billings and payments relevant to accounts payable and/or receivable functions, e.g., invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash receipts, customer billings, vendor payments, stop payments by:
- Performing verification and reconciliation tasks for invoices/receipts/balances according to unit checks and balances procedures.
- Preparing routine, year-end, and special financial, accounting, and statistical reports regarding assigned functional area.
- Maintaining accounting records for ChildNet’s capital outlay in accordance with ChildNet’s policies and procedures and the states records management requirements, e.g. fixed assets, tangible and personal property.
- Maintaining adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Generating various system reports; audits calculations to ensure accuracy in system processes, e.g., customer billing, payroll processing, insurance processing and billings.
- Performing payables, receivables, and reconciliation functions according to established billing, payment, and reporting cycles.
- Maintaining, updating and/or reconciling various logs, reports, ledgers, files, databases, and spreadsheets; performs year-end auditing and close out tasks.
- Processing monthly mileage reports.
- Working on special assignments for Finance and Accounting Director as needed.
Provides excellent customer service by:
- Responding timely to communications either from e-mails or phone calls.
- Handling records requests with no more than a one- day turnaround.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skills / Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent (Associates preferred)
* One (1) year of experience working with different databases and accounting software.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one's external and/or internal customers.
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).
Job Status: Full Time